Jump to navigation Jump to search
- automotive/engine/turbocharger terminology
- boost spike is a brief period of uncontrolled boost, usually encountered in lower gears during spooling of turbocharger
- spikes usually occur when the boost engine governors cannot keep up with the rapidly changing engine conditions
- strategy used by some manufacturers in order to get feeling of "engine responsiveness"
- strategy used in motorsport as part of anti-lag system
- over load turbo bearings; combined with poor maintenance (long oil change intervals..), results in turbo, IC and most likely engine destruction